Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

December 27, 2014

project life 2014 // week thirty nine.

September 22 - September 28. Still chugging, and setting a goal to finish out the year by the last week of January 2015. #prayersforalessia.What went on this week: This week I had one of the cutest days of my life because of Skylar's newborn photoshoot. I finally met her on Monday, and then on Tuesday her parents and I took her to a friend's house, and she has a whole room set up for photographing children, with backdrops and props and everything. She was so amazing with Skylar, and the photos came out to die for. Max joined us after school for some big brother pictures, and my heart literally burst into a million pieces. He is a natural with babies and it's amazing. My week was basically taken over by Sky and her tiny cuteness, so that's most of what this spread was about.About this spread: Like I said, it was the Skylar show. I can't get enough of this tiny little lady and I can't believe how much I love her, so I wanted to make sure that this spread had photos and journaling that really captured those feelings. I used one of the professional photos to stretch across the top of the right page (THOSE LEG WARMERS CAN YOU EVEN?!), and it's my favorite thing to ever happen to this album. It's so beautiful and perfect. The rest of the right page was all from the Tuesday shoot, and then the left page had another from that, plus a couple of general photos of me, Max, and Sky.Details + interesting tidbits: I used a lot of my SC kit stuff in combination with the core kits, which again, is because everything is all organized and accessible. One of the stamps I used was the words "I love you more than all the stars", which I stamped over and over onto a 3x4 grid card.Photo breakdown: phone photos: 9 // canon t3 photos: 0 // polaroid photos: 0. Taken by me, the self-timer, and shutter remotes(The top right photo of Skylar was taken by Jamie of Handful of Magic).
Materials, supplies, and tools I used: PL core kits: midnight core kit (week card, "right now" card); dreamy core kit (Tuesday card, plain 3x4), design A pocket pages, studio calico monthly kits: penny arcade (wood veneer banner, "I love you more than all the stars" stamp); walden (<3 stamp), elise joy stampsless is more stamps, xyron create-a-stickerfiskars corner rounderfiskars paper trimmerstaz-on jet black inkhp everyday photo papersmash date stampzig writer for vellum marker in black (on photos), zig writer marker in black (on journal cards).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Project Life is a simplified solution to scrapbooking created by Becky Higgins that helps you to record the memories of everyday life. Document your story either physically or digitally along with me and so many others. Find out more here, how to start here, & see all of my PL 2014 posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment