Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

April 6, 2014

project life 2014 // week thirteen.

Dated: March 24 - March 30. Week thirteen had a lot of little big moments, and I loved documenting it.What I did this week: This week I was slammed by spring allergies even though the weather outside was cold and gray for the whole week. I took a break from blogging during the week to recover a bit, so most of my action was with Max. He had his first play date with a friend from school that he loves, did a million and one funny things, learned the days of the week, and I swear he grew an inch a day. I had a productive weekend taking photos for a bunch of posts, saw Divergent in theaters again with my parents and best friend, and went out with friends on Friday and Saturday night.About this spread: I had very colorful pictures this week, so I knew that I was either going to go really neutral with the journal cards or I would try to match the color a little bit. It turns out I still had a bunch of cards from office hours that looked good paired with my photos, so I went for crazy color. I love the "at the moment" card next to the photo of makeup swatches from my ipsy bag, because the colors are so complimentary. The "play all day" card matched the colors in the carpet of the picture of Max and his friend playing, so it was perfect in both sentiment and coloring. Love when stuff like that happens.Details + interesting tidbits: I used a transparency card that I got as a 12x12 sheet from two peas in a bucket, and applied a cork sticker from office hours in seafoam in the middle of the spiral, then I chose a seafoam core kit date card with the same design because I loved the way they complimented each other in terms of design + coloring. I also used that date card to write in a few things about the week to eliminate some of the white space. I used the "at the moment" card to document March's bests, which I did for both January and FebruaryPhoto breakdown: phone photos: 7 // canon t3 photos: 4 // polaroid photos: 0. Taken by me, the self-timer, and shutter remotes.Materials, supplies, and tools I used: seafoam core kitdesign A pocket pages, less is more stamps, studio calico office hours monthly kit (cork circle sticker, navy thickers, navy label, play all day & at the moment card), 3"x4" grid card, tiny attacher, transparency card from two peasfiskars corner rounderfiskars paper trimmerstaz-on jet black inkhp everyday photo papersmash date stampzig writer for vellum marker in black (on photos), zig writer marker in black (on journal cards).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Project Life is a simplified solution to scrapbooking created by Becky Higgins that helps you to record the memories of everyday life. Document your story either physically or digitally along with me and so many others. Find out more here, how to start here, & see all of my PL 2014 posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment