Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

April 4, 2014

how I incorporated my selfie challenge into project life.

Earlier last month I posted about my thirty day selfie challenge inspired by A Beautiful Mess, and after posting about it I decided that I really should have put it into my project life album, especially because I am starting a new blog series based off of this project called "thirty days of", which you will hear a little more about soon. So I decided to do what I did for my instagram photos in my California PL spread, and use a coin protector page to print my thirty images at 2x2 each.Because the coin protector is twenty slots, I chopped off the outer column leaving fifteen spaces on each side. I tabbed the top right corner with an avery tab and labeled it "30 days of selfies". Bam. Easy insert. The most time consuming part of this process was cutting out the squares because there were so many, but to have an insert like this (and more of them once the series kicks off) is so much fun.Like I said in my main post about all of this, I highly recommend doing this if you love a fun little photo challenge. It can take three seconds a day or as long as you want it to, but the point is it can be a really easy + quick addition to your day that will go unnoticed until you have something substantial put together whether it be a photo album on your computer or an insert in your project life.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely love this idea. When I was first really learning to use my DSLR back in 2009 I did a 365 days self portrait project and sometimes I miss the challenge. Would be fun to do one month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! It's nice to be held accountable for owning such an awesome piece of technology. Though I ended up using my phone for more than half of the shots, I got to experiment with my DSLR a little bit more. :)

      Delete