Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

March 16, 2014

project life 2014 // week ten.

Dated: March 3 - March 9. Week ten was my birthday week, and documenting it was so fun.

What I did this week: I had off on Monday because Max had a party in school that his mom wanted to go to and spent the whole day with my friend Meagan at the gym and getting our nails done. I worked Friday as a result (working on Fridays is for animals, god bless all of you five-dayers out there), so was busy all week getting ready for a birthday party for my friend Kiersten and myself on Friday. Saturday I spent the beautiful sunny day at the gym and outside, then went to dinner with my parents and caught a train into the city for a night out to celebrate with my oldest girlfriends.
About this spread: I had so many photos for this week, but I knew that I wanted to add inserts that weren't photos already, so I just cut it down to some of the best ones and left it at that. I went back this week to using a lot more stamps, because they are for sure my favorite things to use, and because I liked last week's cohesiveness with the seafoam journal cards, I kept it uniform with the tan journal cards this week.
Details + interesting tidbits: (Above) A lot of detail went into this week's spread. To start, I did the same type of current documentation for me and Max, like I did for the first week of February. I used a calendar card this week because it was the first full week of March, and instead of journaling on it like I have the past two months, I stamped it and wrote "birthday month" on the side. I used a polaroid photo this week and clipped it to a 3"x 4" card like I usually do. (Below) The first insert I added was straight from my 25 things blog post, and because the 4" x 11" size I made it was a weird size for photos, I made it double sided by adding the text "25 things" to the back. I cut down a pocket page from my OLW album and sealed it with washi tape. The second insert was an envelope insert that I used to put a few of my birthday cards in. I added a grid card with stamping and text about birthdays to the front pocket of the envelope, and I love how you can see through it to the cards.
Photo breakdown: phone photos: 8 // canon t3 photos: 2 // polaroid photos: 1. Taken by me and the self-timer. Group photo on bottom right taken by a friend.Materials, supplies, and tools I usedseafoam core kitdesign A pocket pages, elise joy stamps, live love paper stamp, less is more "love" stamp, elise joy calendar card, two peas wood veneer "hello" card, two peas star paper clip (different colors), sn@p cardstock alphabet stickers, we r memory keepers 8.5"x 11" page protector, project life tall envelope, 3"x 4" grid cardsfiskars corner rounderfiskars paper trimmerstaz-on jet black inkhp everyday photo papersmash date stampzig writer for vellum marker in black (on photos), zig writer marker in black (for journaling).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Project Life is a simplified solution to scrapbooking created by Becky Higgins that helps you to record the memories of everyday life. Document your story either physically or digitally along with me and so many others. Find out more here, how to start here, & see all of my PL 2014 posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment