Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

November 16, 2014

project life 2014 // week thirty three.

August 11 - August 17. I'm starting to crank out weeks of this at a time like a well-oiled machine, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of myself.What went on this week: Mac had pirate day at camp this week, which was the highlight for him, and it was pretty adorable that he wanted to wear his eye patch all week, so we went with it. On the Wednesday I had an interview for the first BuzzFeed job I applied for, which started to really put my life and where it was going into perspective. I babysat Max over the weekend and got a little bit sappy with everything when I started to realize that there would be a time when I was no longer his nanny anymore. I wrote him a letter, and put that straight into the book from the post on this blog.About this spread: This spread was pretty well-rounded, I thought, and I liked that there are a lot of pictures that were taken outside, because it meant the iPhone photos were more clear and crisp than they are when they're taken inside. The cards I used all seemed to flow for me, and I tied in the color scheme by printing the letter in coral.Details + interesting tidbits: I put the letter to Max in as an insert this week. I've used inserts like this before, where I just take an 8.5"x11" sheet protector, cut it down to the size I want, and seal it with tape. It's definitely makeshift, but it works, and I like that it's easy. Photo breakdown: phone photos: 10 // canon t3 photos: 1 // polaroid photos: 0. Taken by me, the self-timer, and shutter remotes.
Materials, supplies, and tools I used: midnight core kitdesign A pocket pages, We R Memory Keepers 8.5"x11" protector, studio calico monthly kits: poet society (you & me card); sandlot (make more ___ card, today's headlines card), fiskars corner rounderfiskars paper trimmerstaz-on jet black inkhp everyday photo papersmash date stampzig writer for vellum marker in black (on photos), zig writer marker in black (on journal cards).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Project Life is a simplified solution to scrapbooking created by Becky Higgins that helps you to record the memories of everyday life. Document your story either physically or digitally along with me and so many others. Find out more here, how to start here, & see all of my PL 2014 posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment