Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

January 28, 2015

banana cake bomb.

I set out to make this banana cake, and ended up with the most dense cake (more like a bread) I've ever seen/tasted in my whole life. I'm not exactly sure where I went wrong (though I have suspicions), but either way, I wanted to share it because I think it has serious potential, and the frosting was incredible.For the cake:
// 3/4 C butter
// 2 1/4 C sugar
// 3 large eggs
// 2 tsp. vanilla
// 3 C flour
// 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
// 1/4 tsp. salt
// 1 1/2 C buttermilk
// 2 tsp. lemon juice
// 1 1/2 C ripe banana (about three bananas)

1// Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth, then add the three eggs one at a time and the vanilla.
2// Mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda, then alternate adding this mixture and the buttermilk to the butter/sugar/egg mixture.
3// Mash the banana and mix in the lemon juice, then add bit by bit to the mixture.
4// Bake at 275* for an hour, then take out and put in the freezer for 45 minutes.For the frosting:
// 1/2 C butter
// 8 oz. cream cheese
// 3 1/2 C powdered sugar
// 1 tsp. vanilla1// Cream the butter and cream cheese together, then add the vanilla.
2// Add the powdered sugar little by little until mixed.
3// Try not to spoon it into your mouth.

The issues I think that my cake had were that I forgot the baking soda completely, and an hour in my oven might have been a little too long, so it was a bit overcooked. That combined with the time in the freezer immediately after baking just made for a way denser cake than intended. But the flavor was completely there, so I'll have to try again. The frosting, even though it was simple cream cheese frosting, came out ridiculous. Highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment