Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

January 27, 2015

adapt definition canvas.

I spoke a bit about my One Little Word for 2015, ADAPT, here, and once I chose a word I knew that I wanted to make a piece of art to represent it, in the same way that I did last year for my word, GROW.In my post that explained why I chose this word for the year, I used the definition as a starting point for my goals, keeping the most raw form of the word in the back of my head so that I don't overthink it in the upcoming months of the year. That kind of stuck with me, so in the same style as the quote canvas I made as a Christmas gift for a friend, I made myself a piece of art to remind myself of why I chose the word adapt this year, why it means something based on its rawest definition.All I used for this project was a 12x12 canvas, a gold paint pen, and google definitions. Boom. Whether you've chosen a one little word for this year, or just want to display a word that means something to you, I think this is a really simple way to do it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One Little Word is a workshop run by Ali Edwards in which participants choose one word to focus on for an entire year. Read about Ali's OLW here, and see all of my related posts for OLW 2014 here, and 2015 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment