Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

November 9, 2014

project life 2014 // week thirty one.

July 28 - August 3. I'm starting to crank out weeks of this at a time like a well-oiled machine, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of myself.What went on this week: I started to really get in the swing of getting Max ready for camp, dropping him off at the bus, working at the accountant firm, picking him up off the bus in the afternoon, and hanging with him as usual until the end of the day. It was difficult with those two jobs to find time for my third job (the Chelsea Dogs blog), but being busy was definitely a welcomed feeling. During the week, Max got a haircut, and it was the first time ever that he would wear the cape, and the first time that he didn't cry one tear. I was so proud of him, and the woman who cuts his hair was relieved, because normally he's a nightmare. Over the weekend I went to Brooklyn with my friends to go out to Brooklyn Bowl, and ended up getting my fifth tattoo, which was half on a whim, half planned.About this spread: There was a lot of random color in all of these photos, so I used my classic seafoamy ish color scheme with some oranges and greens thrown into the mix. It's not very cohesive, which I normally mentions annoys me, but as I'm trying to get these spreads into the book, it's bothering me less and less.Details + interesting tidbits: I really liked the "daily routine" card from the Hello, Hello kit. I didn't think I would ever really have that much reason to use it, but with this new work schedule, I thought it would be perfect. And plus one to the week card from Camelot for tying in the orange and seafoam like a damn dream.Photo breakdown: phone photos: 11 // canon t3 photos: 0 // polaroid photos: 0. Taken by me, the self-timer, and shutter remotes.
Materials, supplies, and tools I used: design A pocket pages, studio calico monthly kit: penny arcade (good times card, circle design card); sandlot (awesome card); hello, hello (routine card); poet society (rub on "hooray!"); camelot (week card), elise joy stamp, less is more stampsfiskars corner rounderfiskars paper trimmerstaz-on jet black inkhp everyday photo papersmash date stampzig writer for vellum marker in black (on photos), zig writer marker in black (on journal cards).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Project Life is a simplified solution to scrapbooking created by Becky Higgins that helps you to record the memories of everyday life. Document your story either physically or digitally along with me and so many others. Find out more here, how to start here, & see all of my PL 2014 posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment