Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

September 23, 2014

project life 2014 // week twenty seven.

June 30 - July 6. The project is finding new life and it's thriving.What went on this week: This week I left for my Contiki trip with my friends Jenna and Laura. We had a rough time getting there because we were delayed due to a storm, we thought we were going to die because the electricity on the plane went out (meaning no AC in a very small and confined space), and then we missed our connecting flight from London to Amsterdam, but we finally arrived! Our first full day was the fourth, so we went out into Amsterdam in our red, white, and blue, then met our group at night. We spent Saturday in Amsterdam and Sunday driving down to Paris. Read more about my trip and see some photos here.About this spread: I had a lot of photos from this trip, so I basically just ordered a bunch and separated them by date to see what I was working with. Because I was only in Europe for half of this week, there weren't a huge amount of pictures that I had to leave out, so I kept one full spread with most of the photos in 3 x 4 format, so I could add in a few extra 6 x 4s. Details + interesting tidbits: I saved a whole load of receipts and tickets from this trip, as well as some maps we recieved. I cute up a map of Amsterdam to 6 x 4 to show the center, where we spent most of our time, and I shoved a bunch of tickets and things into an envelope from the penny arcade kit. I also used a date card from Seafoam to journal all about Amsterdam, since that was most of the week. I really love the way that it turned out and that the spread looked different than how I normally format it every week.Photo breakdown: phone photos: 11 // canon t3 photos: 0 // polaroid photos: 0. Taken by me, the self-timer, and shutter remotes. All photos with my face in it taken by my friend Laura. AMS photo taken by Jenna.
Materials, supplies, and tools I used: design A pocket pages, seafoam core kit, studio calico monthly kits: penny arcade (week card, envelope); sandlot (hello adventure card), fiskars corner rounderfiskars paper trimmerstaz-on jet black inkhp everyday photo papersmash date stampzig writer for vellum marker in black (on photos), zig writer marker in black (on journal cards).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Project Life is a simplified solution to scrapbooking created by Becky Higgins that helps you to record the memories of everyday life. Document your story either physically or digitally along with me and so many others. Find out more here, how to start here, & see all of my PL 2014 posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment