Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

June 16, 2014

project life 2014 // week twenty-three.

June 2 - June 8. Though October is my favorite month, June is looking pretty damn good so far.What went on this week: This week the weather was pretty good, which made for some great outdoor shots, some wardrobe change-ups (finally), and great play date options. Max didn't have school on Wednesday so we hung out with his friend and they took the most adorable photos together, I just had to include two of them. Watching them grow up together over the last year and a half has been so amazing, and these photos are really a great measure of how far they've come since those tiny 19-month-olds I met last year. On Saturday my best friend celebrated her college graduation and her 23rd birthday in one huge party, and prepping for that day was the majority of the weekend (I made those delicious looking chocolate PB cupcakes for the party, recipe here). Once the dust settled after the amazing party, we all decided on Sunday night to sit in a movie theater and cry our eyes out at The Fault in Our Stars. If you haven't seen it yet, do (but read it first).About this spread: I got my Hello, Hello kit in the mail this week, so I used it for this spread along with Office Hours. The photos were kind of all over the place in terms of colors and lighting (which is kind of what happens every week, but what can you do) so I tried my best to tie the cards together and leave things semi-simple. Sometimes I like just using a kit because it makes life easy and makes me actually use all of the awesome cards that I have but am "saving for another time". Details + interesting tidbits: I used a lot of that seafoam color again this week because of the NOW card and the interests date card from Hello, Hello for my monthly currentlies this month. I loved the interests date card from this month's kit. I've seen a million different versions of it, but have never actually had one in my possession, and I think if I can make my own it might replace the way I do my monthly currentlies (and Max's). I used the stars card from Office Hours because I've loved it since I received the kit but couldn't figure out a good time to use it. I figured pairing it with a star paperclip and my ticket stub from TFIOS movie was a great option though cheesily literal (cheesily is a word. Don't look to google for proof though).Photo breakdown: phone photos: 5 // canon t3 photos: 5 // polaroid photos: 0. Taken by me, the self-timer, and shutter remotes. Group photo on the bottom of the right page taken by a friend on his phone the size of my head.Materials, supplies, and tools I used: seafoam core kitdesign A pocket pages, studio calico hello, hello monthly kit (now and interests cards, week card, "7" washi sticker), studio calico office hours monthly kit (star card), less is more stamps, elise joy stamp, elise joy calendar card, gold star paperclip (similar), American Crafts metallic silver markerfiskars corner rounderfiskars paper trimmerstaz-on jet black inkhp everyday photo papersmash date stampzig writer for vellum marker in black (on photos), zig writer marker in black (on journal cards).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Project Life is a simplified solution to scrapbooking created by Becky Higgins that helps you to record the memories of everyday life. Document your story either physically or digitally along with me and so many others. Find out more here, how to start here, & see all of my PL 2014 posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment