Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

May 20, 2014

project life 2014 // week nineteen.

Dated: May 5 - May 11. Though I feel like I'm running out of steam a bit these days, this project still makes me happy.What I did this week: This week was kind of a crazy one. I realized that my passion for blogging and writing could actually be something more in terms of a career. I applied for a position at BuzzFeed (but still haven't heard back, wah) and started posting on their community site (see my page here) to show them what I can do. I got featured on their homepage twice in 24 hours, and it was a crazy roller coaster of emotions and opportunities for me. While this was all happening, my best friend Meagan graduated from college. Before all of that craziness, I had a pretty calm week with Max aside from panicking over my BuzzFeed application.About this spread: At first I hated all of the colors that I had going on, but then I realized that yellow was a recurring color from the first half of the week, and green in the second half, so I played on the colors. I like the way it turned out really bright and colorful, because a lot of weeks turn out pretty neutral. Details + interesting tidbits: I created the date card out of a bunch of the SC Camelot elements, and then kept the journaling on photos, but used cards as well. I journaled about Max getting a big boy bed early in the week, as well as BuzzFeed stuff. On the right side I included two screenshots in lieu of journaling cards to show my first two featured BuzzFeed posts at the top of their homepage. Like, right at the top #surreallife.Photo breakdown: phone photos: 11 + 2 screenshots // canon t3 photos: 0 // polaroid photos: 0. Taken by me, the self-timer, and shutter remotes. (Bottom right photo on the left taken by Meagan with her selfie arm, and both shots taken with Meagan in her cap and gown by her mama).
Materials, supplies, and tools I used: midnight core kitdesign A pocket pages, studio calico camelot monthly kit (kraft 4x6 card, * sticker, wood flags, hello sunshine card), SC bluegrass farm kit (speech bubble card), less is more stampfiskars corner rounderfiskars paper trimmerstaz-on jet black inkhp everyday photo papersmash date stampzig writer for vellum marker in black (on photos), zig writer marker in black (on journal cards).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Project Life is a simplified solution to scrapbooking created by Becky Higgins that helps you to record the memories of everyday life. Document your story either physically or digitally along with me and so many others. Find out more here, how to start here, & see all of my PL 2014 posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment