Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

April 16, 2014

oreogasms (name patent pending).

Way back in my week three project life spread, I included a photo of the "oreogasm": an oreo wrapped in a sugar cookie with sprinkles everywhere. Though I now know that it's been done before (don't you hate it when you think something is your idea and then google ruins it?), the idea came to me literally in a dream (I dream about food 90% of the time). The brilliant (and so obvious to me now because of my love for funfetti) idea of adding tons of sprinkles in and on top of the cookies came from here. I used my new go-to sugar cookie recipe, which can be found here, and made the most delectable combination of cookies ever.// 1 1/2 C flour
// 1 tsp. cream of tartar
// 1/2 C unsalted butter (at room temperature so it's soft)
// 3/4 C sugar
// 1 large egg (at room temperature)
// 1 tsp. vanilla extract
// 1/4 tsp. salt
// 1 tsp. baking powder
// 1/2 tsp. baking soda
// 1 box of oreos (you'll need about 15)
// 1/2 C sprinkles (I like the round nonpareils or fairway's thin + crunchy sprinkles)1// cream the softened butter, then add the sugar and mix until blended together and fluffy.
2// mix in the egg and the vanilla extract.
3// in another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, and the salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet until all is combined and smooth.
4// fold in the sprinkles, then roll out into a flat sheet or take teaspoonfuls of dough and flatten them out by hand.
5// place an oreo on the flattened mixture and wrap the cookie completely in the dough.
6// add more sprinkles on top of the wrapped cookies, and put them in the fridge for at least two hours (or up to 48 hours if you can even fathom waiting that long).
7// once the dough is cooled, put the cookies in the oven for about 8 minutes on 350 degrees.
8// the cookies will not looked finished, but they will continue to cook on the baking sheet for another few minutes out of the oven*.
9// transfer to a cooling rack for a few more minutes, and then serve and enjoy.

* the photos above make the cookies look almost like they have a wet texture because I was running out of sunlight to photograph, but once cooled completely, the cookies will be dry but soft and chewy perfection, just like the one pictured below.These cookies were a hit in my house (especially with me, and normally I don't tend to indulge in the things I bake too much). One is just enough for a snack or dessert because these things are bombs, so the 15 it makes will last a while depending on how many people find out you made them*.

*this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled should you be the type of baker that feels guilty for not sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment