Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

March 31, 2014

spring make up essentials.

I posted a while ago about my summer make up routine, which was kind of a bare minimum face considering I'm naturally bronzed in the summer and there is so much less need for product on your face for a number of reasons. This winter has been brutal, and my skin is pale and dry, so this is the face I'll be sporting all spring until I can get myself under some sun. There are a lot of days that I don't wear makeup at all, or I'll just swipe on some mascara and eyeliner, but this is the full "I'm going out somewhere today and want to look like I'm a sophisticated, together woman" face (though whether that's achieved is up for debate).Skin/face:
1// revlon photoready skinlights in bare light - I recently purchased this on a whim because I liked the packaging (ridiculous, but 9 times out of 10 worth it), and this product is great. It brightens the skin before putting on foundation, and leaves a glow. This will be awesome when there's actually some sun and light outside.
2// bare minerals matte powder foundation in golden fair - this powder foundation is amazing if, like me, you don't exactly love caking on a thick layer of foundation first thing in the morning. Though I'm far from having perfect skin, I can't deal with the feeling of liquid make up, unless it's super light like a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. This powder has amazing coverage, SPF, and a huge range of colors, including the one I use, which is specifically for olive undertones. That's so hard to find in most make up lines, and it doesn't look like cakey make up.
3// laura mercier tinted moisturizer in nude - like I just mentioned, I hate foundation, but a light tinted moisturizer can be great for adding a little bit of coverage while also moisturizing the skin. This line is great, so hydrating, and a very light formula with a variety of coloring options for days or nights when I know I need more than average coverage.
4// benefit boi-ing concealer in light/medium - I spoke about this in my last post - I use this to cover blemishes and redness in my skin, and it does the job. I haven't branched out that much in the ways of concealer, but for now, this works for me.
5// nars bronzer in laguna - in the winter I use a matte Too Faced bronzer, and I continue to use it in the spring and summer, but the laguna bronzer has a bit of golden shimmer that looks great as a contour and with a subtle highlight. The powder itself is so fine and blendable, a really great product.
6// mac prolongwear concealer in NW20 - this is a newer addition to my routine, but I can't imagine ever using another concealer for my under-eye circles ever again. The creamy and light formula performs magic on my dark circles (that are unfortunately 70% due to genetics, thanks dad) and doesn't crease, which is the best part. Not until I take my makeup off at night do my circles reappear.Eyes/lips/cheeks:
7// urban decay 24/7 glide on eye pencil in matte blackest black - this is another new to me product but woooo baby, I love it. This pencil is so creamy and pigmented, everything you want in an eyeliner.
8// covergirl lash blast fusion in very black - I really don't branch out with mascara too much because I just know that I love this one for the everyday. If I'm feeling jazzy, I love the benefit they're real! mascara, but I usually go back in with the covergirl to separate the lashes after a coat of the benefit. It just has a great brush that separates and adds volume.
9// lush honey trap lip balm - I am a lip balm hoarder, for reals. When I bought this, it was another case of the classic, "oh I mean I know I have a lot but this just smells so nice and it's so tiny so I'll just get it and throw it in a pocket of my bag that only has like one or two other lip balms". That's justification enough for me, and this lip balm is the bomb. It's hydrating, smoothing, almost adds a sheen to your lips that looks great for natural wear, and it smells and tastes amahhhzing.
10// maybelline color tattoo in pure nude - this particular shade isn't online yet because it's new for spring, but it is the perfect champagney, neutral, shimmery shade that is the exact type of shade I grab first when doing eye make up. These color tattoos are great as a base for eyeshadow, or just to wear on its own.
11// clinique cheek pop blush in peach pop - I mentioned this in my recent sephora post, and I have been using it literally every day. It gives the best color even though I only apply a really light layer but it's definitely buildable as a darker shade (the shade in the photo is a little bit off, but it's gorgeous).
12// mac mineralize skinfinish in soft & gentle - this is the be all end all of highlighters. It's raved about on the internet and I'm gonna rave about it now. Any season, any makeup look, this is the perfect highlight. The formula is great, it looks good applied with a brush, even better and more intense when applied with your fingers. It's just great, I can't say anything more constructive because "it's just great" is all you need to know.

I have a problem with buying makeup so my products are ever changing, but most of these are my go to products for the every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment