Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

March 12, 2014

simple diy: key in a frame.

This project is probably one of the easiest ones I've ever done, but perhaps one of the most meaningful, along with the wooden blocks I made to display some of my favorite pictures from college. Though I lost the pictures of the process, it was easy, and can be done in far less steps than the ones I took.

I used a nice frame that used to be a really gross dusty pink, and I spray painted it gold back when I first became obsessed with spray painting. I kept my old key from my college apartment (which normally you can't do but I had made this cute leopard print one as an extra and the landlord changes the locks after every owner anyway!) and used my xyron to put adhesive on the back of it. I put it down on some cardstock and wrote the nickname of our apartment (which is just the address, but it's how everyone identified their homes in Scranton) and the years that we lived there.

Such a simple project that can be done with any key you have lying around that doesn't have a use anymore, and any frame that you have or can be store bought (the spray painting is just an obsessive additional step that I will always go out of my way to do if I see a need for it #cantstopwontstop). This key means nothing to anyone else, but when I look at it I think of my apartment and my girls and all of the amazing time we spent in that house from 2010-2012, which is more than enough for me to want to display it proudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment