Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

February 10, 2014

pink grapefruit margaritas.

I've really been slacking with my pinterest to-do lists, but it's been because I've been so busy with other things, so at least busy is good. On my cocktails to-do list, I had this recipe for a grapefruit margarita and I have been dying to make a batch because I love grapefruit and tequila is my girlfriend when it comes to the best tasting drinks I've made in the past.I adapted the recipe slightly as well as doubled it to make a nice sized pitcher and used:
// 2 cups gold tequila
// 2 cups triple sec
// 3 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
// the juice from 8 limes (about a cup)
// 4 cups of ice
--------------------------------------------
// ground sea salt (optional, for the glass rims)
// lime wedges (optional, for garnish)I mixed everything together in a blender and then poured it all into a pitcher with additional ice. It was refrigerated for about an hour before served, and I find this step essential because a luke warm margarita is nowhere near as quality as an ice cold one. If you don't have time to chill it before you serve it, use a ton of ice in the glasses. These were absolutely delicious and in my opinion so much better than a plain old lime margarita. #newfavorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment