Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

February 2, 2014

project life 2014 // week four.



Dated: January 20 - January 26. This is the fourth week of project life and I'm still extremely obsessed with it in every way.


What I did this week: I spent the week in California with Max, which was literally life changing. I can't look at New York the same way again, but more on that here. We went to Disneyland, had brunch at the Ivy, spent a day in LA looking for stars (we found none, whomp), and went on a boat ride to see sea lions off of Balboa Island. It was an amazing week and I had a lot of photos to share.


About this spread: I had a lot of photos from this week away so I ended up making a six page spread instead of two (insert emoji face with the red cheeks, big eyes, and straight mouth). I used a Design G page protector to share most of the Disneyland photos because I thought it would be nice to separate those two and a half days in their own little spread. I chose this protector because I wanted something smaller than the 12x12 pages sandwiching it. I also used a hashtag my whole week in Cali (#alessiaincalifornia) to keep all of my instagram images in one place. I used a coin protector page to fit all of those images in one place while keeping the small, square format.
Thoughts, concerns + details: I had so much fun making this spread. At first I was a little overwhelmed because I had so many pictures to place, but once I got my groove going it was a blast. One thing I did was I used a weather screenshot from my phone so I can remember how absolutely perfect the weather was while we were there. I also printed out my favorite picture of the week (the palm trees below) in an 8x6 format so that I could keep the length of the trees in the photo and spread it across two photo slots. I love the way that came out the best. With the instagram spread, I didn't have forty pictures to use up all the spaces, so I filled twenty six with pictures, two with the hashtags I used while there, and the other twelve had patterned papers with flair badges and paper clips to jazz them up.
Photo breakdown: phone photos: 24 (50 if you count the little instagrams!) // canon t3 photos: 0 (ashamed I didn't bring it with me) // polaroid photos: 0. Taken by me and the self-timer. Photo of Max and I with Daisy taken by Max's mom.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Project Life is a simplified solution to scrapbooking created by Becky Higgins that helps you to record the memories of everyday life. Document your story either physically or digitally along with me and so many others. Find out more here, how to start here and see all of my PL 2014 posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment