Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

February 3, 2014

one little word album // january 2014.

This album is going to be a lot of fun to make, but more importantly, it's making me feel really connected with my one little word, grow. Writing down all of my intentions and wishes for what this word means to me and will continue to mean to me for the rest of the year has made me realize how willing and able I am to change the things I can control and keep moving forward in the way that I need to in order to be the greatest version of myself possible. I'm hopeful + excited.I'm using a we r memory keepers album and page protectors (these + these) by recommendation, and obviously all of the inserts are coming from the class page. (It's never too late to join in).This month's task was to fill out the sheets Ali made up for the class, things like filling in the definition of the word, why you chose it, your intentions for the year regarding the word you chose, and more. Another task was to use a transparency page to stick your word onto (easier to see it in the photo above, but it's backwards). The last things I did was the 'self portrait' which is pictured above. It is supposed to be a picture you want to use to start with to remember where you were at the beginning. Even though I just took that picture last week and not at the beginning of the process, I feel like I gave myself enough time to marinate in the word before snapping a shot.So far I am happy with what I have. Ali gave a lot of specific guidelines for the album this month, so I feel like I mostly just followed her instruction to give myself a good foundation for the rest of the year. As time goes on I think I'll be able to feel the project out a little more and decide where I want to go with this album creatively. However, I've never participated in the class before and am not completely sure how it's structured in terms of the album and tasks, so we shall see.February, come at me.
----------------------------------------------------------------
One Little Word is a workshop run by Ali Edwards in which participants choose one word to focus on for an entire year. Join Ali, myself, and many others on this journey by learning more and signing up for the class here, read about Ali's OLW here, and see all of my related posts for OLW 2014 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment