Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

March 16, 2016

27 things in my 27th year.

For the last two years, I've celebrated my birthday by making a list of things that I would ideally love to accomplish/experience/do during that age's year. I began my 27th revolution around the sun last Tuesday when I turned 26, and there are a fair amount of things that I'd love to do this year.

Looking back on my 26th year, and what I crossed off the year's list, there are still a couple of things that I've been beating myself up about not accomplishing, so some of those items will reappear, and some of the ones that were successful are definitely getting a second round. As for the others, a lot changed for me last year, so there are a lot of new things I'm excited about trying while I'm 26. I just hope I can keep to the list better than I've been able to keep up with this blog as of late.

1// Organize my photos on iPhoto — this was on last year's list, and I'm ashamed to say I didn't get to it, and just added more clutter in the end.
2// Take a class to learn more about my DSLR camera. (I'm thinking this one.)
3// Catch up to the new season of Game of Thrones by the finale.
4// Learn how to make my gramma's famous rice balls.
5// Take a copy editing class OR read at least three books to help improve my skills.
6// Clean out my closet and donate all of the clothes that I never wear but tell myself I will "some day."
7// Add a new product to my Etsy shop.
8// Take more photos.
9// Get my seventh tattoo.
10// See every Robin William's movie that I've never seen.
11// Lose ten pounds.
12// Take 100 days of selfies, as my 30 days of selfies project was my absolute favorite a couple years ago, and it made me feel creative and more in tune with myself.
13// Go to a late-night show taping.
14// Take a cooking class.
15// Take a road trip.
16// Visit three new breweries.
17// Read all of the Harry Potter books again and the new one!
18// Go to at least four concerts.
19// Use my polaroid camera more.
20// Watch the entire series of Parenthood, because everyone who knows me well keeps telling me it's a must.
21// Come up with a new solution for project life in 2016, as I still haven't finished 2015's album and don't think I'll be able to keep up with weekly spreads at all this year (seeing as it's already mid-March and I've done nothing!)
22// Visit the Golden Gate Bridge next time I'm in SF.
23// Either take a class, or teach myself calligraphy.
24// Travel to a new place.
25// Learn the NYC subway system, because I really suck at it.
26// Read 50 books.
27// Write myself a letter to open up on my 27th birthday (I never got around to doing this last year, and ended up being upset this year when I didn't have one).

Let's do this, 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment