Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

February 5, 2015

selphy printer joy!

I've died and gone to this-is-the-easiest-way-to-print-ever heaven. For project life in 2014, I used my hp printer from college that just could not get his shit together. I would connect it to wireless and it would work for a day, then crap out. Or I'd connect it directly to my computer and it would print nonsense, or nothing at all. I started using snapfish.com at the end of last year because once I got behind on the project, I needed weeks of prints at a time, and it was cheap and easy to do it there. Though I think I'll always use snapfish when I need a larger batch of prints, I knew I was going to need something for the week to week printing involved with project life. Enter Christmas and enter the Canon Selphy C910.Never has printing been this easy for me. I have printed pretty much everything so far straight from my iphone, which connects directly to the printer. Anything that I want to print from my DSLR can be done via the SD card slot, and because of the screen on the printer I can preview the photos on my memory card, choose which ones to print, and even crop before printing.My only complaint about the product is that the ink and the photo paper is sold together, and while this is extremely convenient, the paper isn't really my favorite. I'd prefer something matte, and this paper is glossy, but it's not the biggest deal. I just wish that I could buy the ink separately so that I could use whatever paper I wanted. But honestly, this printer is the coolest, and it's tiny and portable and I'm obsesssssssssed with it. Highly recommend.

*This post is not sponsored, some links affiliate.

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking into buying a printer and this one is at the top of my list! I was wondering though, how does it do with printing regular documents?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The selphy is actually a 4x6 printer, so I'm only using it to print photos. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't print documents on regular paper just fine, but they would all be 4x6, as that's the largest anything prints. Should have mentioned that! Hope this helps :)

      Delete