Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

January 1, 2015

new year, new goals.

While most people find the brand new year a bit cold and depressing, and kind of slow after the rush of the holidays, I find it to be inspiring and full of life. I love setting new goals for the year and thinking about what can happen in 365 days. After this whirlwind year of planting a lot of seeds in different places, I'm excited for this coming year and to watch all of those seeds grow. I'm starting the year off with smaller goals and I'll work through those as others are set.

Reading // I set a reading goal of twenty five books, (which I ~almost~ made, had it not have been for the dry couple of months where I wasn't very committed), and while that goal was great, I also decided that part of those twenty five books would be those compiled into my paperback lust list. I labeled it as a "2014 edition", meaning I was optimistic it would continue in the coming years, and I also called it "part one", which meant that I assumed I would read all of those first, then make a part two and continue from there. That got too complicated, and though I read over half of those books, I am constantly lining up books to read only to have a new one creep up from a recommendation or of the author I just finished reading. I've learned that I'm too sporadic of a reader, and though I will read those remaining books at some point, I can't commit to doing it in a certain order. So this year, the goal is twenty five books in no particular order and from no particular list.

Living // I AM MOVING OUT OF MY PARENTS HOME VERY, VERY SOON WITH OR WITHOUT THE MEANS, AND YES I KNOW THIS ISN'T NECESSARILY RESPONSIBLE, JUST LET ME LIVE.

Learning // This year I want to learn (and most of these are on my 25 things list, so I'd better get moving): more HTML, how to use my bamboo tablet, how to get off the auto setting of my DLSR, and how to do more with photoshop.

Travelling // I'm working on getting my entire dad's side of the family on a vacation late next year, like the ones we used to take when I was a kid, and I would love to make it to London once this year to spend time with my family there and my friends.

"Rememberlutions" // I collabed on a DIY post with some of my coworkers in which we jazzed up some mason jars in true pinterest fashion to deposit little slips of paper in all year. Rather than make a resolution that I won't keep, I'll put little snippets of paper with things that I'm proud of accomplishing, or have happened to me over the course of the year, and I'll dump them all out and read them on NYE next year to remind myself of the great things that happened over the year.

These are a mix of small scale goals, plus an attainable way to be proud of those goals. Nothing is huge, nothing is groundbreaking, but I'm excited for the year and ready to put some of these plans into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment