Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

December 21, 2014

project life 2014 // week thirty seven.

September 8 - September 14. Still chugging, and setting a goal to finish out the year on time (aka the whole year by the end of the first week of January. #prayersforalessia). UPDATE: I realize that ordering pictures will take longer than my actual execution, so this date will likely be pushed back. Ah well.What went on this week: For the most part, this week was all about the weekend. I had a nice coffee date with my dad one morning, Max started school again, and I wore my fall coat for the first time, all of which I loved, but everything else revolved around the weekend. On Friday night I drove out to Montauk with my best friends and we spent the weekend soaking up the last of the summer sun, eating and drinking (a lot), and spending time relaxing before the cold weather and busy season of the year had time to hit us square in the faces.About this spread: The photos had a lot of greens, blues, and browns, so I kind of just kept going with that theme when I added in cards. I kept all of the weekend photos as 6x4s and then the photos from the week were all the 3x4s. I like that this worked out because it kind of separated everything in a way that made my Type A organizational mind happy.Details + interesting tidbits: I included the "In Review" card to sum up the summer, and the five Ws card to sum up the weekend. I used the "8" card (the came in an August SC kit to represent the month) to represent September 8, which was my half birthday and marked the halfway point of my 25 Things project, and also was Max's first day of the 3s at nursery school. I didn't include the picture of us holding up a sign on that day, which I kind of regret (just overlooked it by accident when I was ordering photos, I think), so I included it in this way instead.Photo breakdown: phone photos: 11 // canon t3 photos: 0 // polaroid photos: 0. Taken by me, the self-timer, and shutter remotes. (Full group photo taken on my friend's phone using a selfie pole, the best/funniest/most awkward invention ever).
Materials, supplies, and tools I used: seafoam core kitdesign A pocket pages, studio calico monthly kits: sandlot (8 card); penny arcade ("in review" card), less is more stamps, fiskars corner rounderfiskars paper trimmerstaz-on jet black inkhp everyday photo papersmash date stampzig writer for vellum marker in black (on photos), zig writer marker in black (on journal cards).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Project Life is a simplified solution to scrapbooking created by Becky Higgins that helps you to record the memories of everyday life. Document your story either physically or digitally along with me and so many others. Find out more here, how to start here, & see all of my PL 2014 posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment