Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

December 24, 2014

project life 2014 // week thirty eight.

September 15 - September 21. Still chugging, and setting a goal to finish out the year by the last week of January 2015. #prayersforalessia.What went on this week: This week was the week I waited all year for - I became a nanny of two with the birth of Skylar Fallyn, the most beautiful baby girl in the world. I fell in love with her immediately, and even though she had a bit of a rough start, she came home on Sunday and got to meet her big brother, which is the best thing that I've ever seen (though it was only through video). I got an iPhone 6 on Friday, which means that photos are going to be a lot better from now on for the most part, and on Sunday I went on a wine tour for two of my best friends' birthdays, which besides the arrival of Skylar was the best thing to happen all week.About this spread: This is the first spread that I used the Dreamy core kit on, and so far I like the way it meshes with everything else. I used a bunch of stamps and stickers and wood veneer, because I'm finding it so much easier now that everything is all organized.Details + interesting tidbits: I included all of the photos that I got of Skylar in the hospital in a little bunch with the most perfect card from the midnight core kit, a little "hi" sticker, and included her birth details on the larger photo of her. She's so damn cute, the pictures in spreads to come are even better.Photo breakdown: phone photos: 11 // canon t3 photos: 0 // polaroid photos: 0. Taken by me, the self-timer, and shutter remotes. (The two photos of Skylar were taken by her daddy).
Materials, supplies, and tools I used: PL core kits: seafoam core kit (fold-over card); midnight core kit (striped card and "hello there perfection" card); dreamy core kit (week card), design A pocket pages, studio calico monthly kits: sandlot (arrow wood veneer); walden ("yes to" card); office hours (cork "hi" sticker), a beautiful mess alpha stickersless is more stamps, xyron create-a-stickerfiskars corner rounderfiskars paper trimmerstaz-on jet black inkhp everyday photo papersmash date stampzig writer for vellum marker in black (on photos), zig writer marker in black (on journal cards).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Project Life is a simplified solution to scrapbooking created by Becky Higgins that helps you to record the memories of everyday life. Document your story either physically or digitally along with me and so many others. Find out more here, how to start here, & see all of my PL 2014 posts here.

Merry Christmas eve, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment