Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

September 17, 2014

project life 2014 // week twenty five.

June 16 - June 22. I'm back, baby. Slowly but surely I will crank out the last eleven weeks of project life because I miss creating so, so much. (That, and all of the photos that have backed up are giving me anxiety.)What went on this week: This was a weird week for Max because he had a week of "pre-camp", which is basically just another week of school, but until 1:30 instead of 12:30. So it was a nice week for me having that extra hour at home and being able to eat lunch after 11:30. It's a beautiful thing. It started to get really warm, and I spent Saturday at the beach trying to work on my tan. Sunday morning I went to boozy brunch with friends from my old job, and we explored the city.About this spread: It's really hard going back this far and trying to remember what happened, but more than that, I have received Studio Calico kits from June through September now, which means soooooo much fun stuff to use, which makes things harder believe it or not. I ended up using simple cards and simple embellishments because my photos weren't too exciting for this week. I floated a wood veneer "June" in one of the empty pockets, and I'll have to figure out what I want to go in there for next week, or if I'll keep it in there backwards.Details + interesting tidbits: Another difficult thing about being this backed up is that if there was a week I didn't take many photos (like this one), it's a combination of few photos, not the greatest memory of what exactly happened, and too many cards and embellishments to choose from. So I decided to do something a little different with one of my photos of Lucas (below) and print one photo as a 12 x 4 to be split into two 6 x 4 photos. I love the way it turned out, especially how cool it looks having most of him in one of the photos and then just a small part of his head in the other. I think it came out really sweet, and though I've used this technique once before, this time around it's much more awesome.Photo breakdown: phone photos: 10 // canon t3 photos: 0 // polaroid photos: 0. Taken by me, the self-timer, and shutter remotes.
Materials, supplies, and tools I used: design A pocket pages, studio calico monthly kits: hello, hello (wood veneer June, summer bliss card); penny arcade (slow down sticker); sandlot (week card), less is more #selfie stamp, fiskars corner rounderfiskars paper trimmerstaz-on jet black inkhp everyday photo papersmash date stampzig writer for vellum marker in black (on photos), zig writer marker in black (on journal cards).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Project Life is a simplified solution to scrapbooking created by Becky Higgins that helps you to record the memories of everyday life. Document your story either physically or digitally along with me and so many others. Find out more here, how to start here, & see all of my PL 2014 posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment