Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

August 5, 2014

new ink.

I have always been the type of person to want tattoos, even from a young age. I used to doodle what I would want in the margins of my homework in high school and dream about the day I would turn 18 so I could get one. It turns out I waited until I was 19, but I've been hooked since the first one, and will probably continue to have the tattoo fever for a long time.

This weekend I got my fifth tattoo with my two best friends, Alyssa + Meagan. We have been talking about our "next ones" for a while, and decided that this weekend that we were going to spend together would be the perfect time. Every time I've gotten a tattoo I've been with either one of them, and never have I gotten one alone, so between us we share quite a few (including a matching one on our inner foot that says "forever", which was all of our firsts).

We went to Leathernecks Tattoo in Brooklyn, which is the first place I've gotten one that I feel like I definitely want to go back to. It was super clean, the guys that worked there were all funny and completely nonjudgmental (which is something that has bothered me about places we have been before), and I felt comfortable with my artist right away. Because we were all getting something simple, we were in and out on a Saturday afternoon (without appointments!) in just under an hour and a half. So if you're anywhere near Brooklyn, I'd highly recommend this place to you, though I've never tried anywhere else in BK. I just had a really good experience.I have a million tattoo ideas and concepts, a lot of which are on my Pinterest ink board, and the idea of an anchor has been in my head for a while. I don't do anything involving the sea, nor do I belong to Delta Gamma (though I am guilty of posing in their manner for a picture or two here or there), I just love the idea behind an anchor. It's strong and stable, and through rough seas keeps a boat where it needs to be. Especially at this juncture in my life where I feel like I'm trying to pull into adulthood on my own, I want to remain the strong person that I've always been. It's not that I need a reminder to be strong (though it doesn't hurt), I just take a lot of pride in my ability to stay strong no matter how rough things get. And though it's so fresh and sharpie looking right now, I know that it will be there on my skin forever to remind me of why I am who I am and what has happened to get me there.

*see more about another one of my tattoos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment