Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

April 28, 2014

project life 2014 // week fifteen.

Dated: April 7 - April 13. This spread proves I have a boyfriend sometimes, so I liked that about it.What I did this week: R was here and even though I worked all week it was so nice outside that we got to spend a lot of time outdoors together. The Yankees started their season, so we watched them every night that they were playing. Max was hilarious this week, as usual, but he was particularly silly during bath times and with potty time, hence the blurred out photos this week: they had to be included because they were too great.About this spread: For some reason I had a hard time with this spread. My ink just about ran out in my printer and I didn't want to get a new cartridge and reprint, so I just dealt with the duller photos. Then I didn't know what I wanted to do for journaling cards and things because I had just received the Amy Tangerine plus one paper pack in the mail, as well as my Studio Calico monthly kit, bluegrass farm. So I had a lot to choose from, which is sometimes much worse for me to cope with. Plus, all last week (the week I would have normally worked on this spread), Max didn't have school, which meant not coming home during the day to handle blog posts and work on my spreads. Also with R around I didn't want to spend all of my free time at home doing Project Life rather than living the life that I so love to document. So this was a difficult spread for me to put together, but in the end, it's one week of many and it still looks good all things considered.Details + interesting tidbits: I had a lot of photos this week just because R was here and it was so nice outside, so I separated the photos from our weekend outside by using a Design G page that I cut down (below: front side on the right, back side on the left). It was a little bit easier knowing that I could still include all of the photos I wanted to while highlighting a very lazy, but very fun weekend with R and Lucas. I used mostly papers from the plus one pack for this spread, and since I got the 6x6 version, I cut down most of the pages to two 3x4 cards, and some that I knew would look great as date cards to 4x6 (but they can always be chopped in half later if I choose). I also included a screen shot of my phone's photo album to show how amazing it is to have a shutter remote for my phone. I went nuts taking selfies on Monday afternoon and it literally took two minutes to get about 50 varieties of the same photo. Yeah, it was unnecessary, but it was fun and it's not something I would do normally, so for an intentional shot like that one, it was great.Photo breakdown: phone photos: 16 // canon t3 photos: 1 // polaroid photos: 0. Taken by me, the self-timer, and shutter remotes.Materials, supplies, and tools I used: seafoam core kit, design A pocket pages, design G pocket page, elise joy stamp, less is more stamps, studio calico bluegrass farm monthly kit (photo label), Amy Tangerine plus one paper pack (date card, numbers card, card behind button), seafoam flair button from TheFlairShopfiskars corner rounderfiskars paper trimmerstaz-on jet black inkhp everyday photo papersmash date stampzig writer for vellum marker in black (on photos), zig writer marker in black (on journal cards).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Project Life is a simplified solution to scrapbooking created by Becky Higgins that helps you to record the memories of everyday life. Document your story either physically or digitally along with me and so many others. Find out more here, how to start here, & see all of my PL 2014 posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment