Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

March 8, 2014

25 things in my 25th year.

It's my birthday!

This new year I saw a lot of bloggers make 101 in 1001 lists (see Kristin's and Ashlyn's), which is basically what it says - a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. It was appealing to me, but also seems very ambitious and not as realistic for me to keep up with because I'm a fan of more short term goals with things like this, so I decided to make a list of 25 things to do in my 25th journey around the sun.

1// learn how to get off of the auto setting of my DSLR.
2// send 10 "just because" gifts to friends and family. (||)
3// start up my etsy shop again.
4// write a letter to myself today to open on my 25th birthday in 365 days. (March 17, 2014 better late than never).
5// find a new job. (September, 29, 2014).
6// go to at least four concerts. (One Republic, One Direction, Ed Sheeran, The Script)
7// become a morning person (I love mornings, but can never wake up).
8// go to California again (I'm thinking let's just pack our bags and move, but that's a lengthy work in progress).
9// write down some of my grandma's famous recipes so I can make them for my future children.
10// lose ten pounds. (|||)
11// try ten new restaurants on LI.
12// cook dinner for my family once a week for a month. (April 2014)
13// take a calligraphy class.
14// attend a taping of the tonight show with jimmy fallon.
15// send a handwritten note at least once a month.
16// travel someplace new.
17// get this blog to 100 followers on bloglovin' (so far I have a loyal 13).
18// buy fresh flowers for the house every weekend for a whole month. (April 2014)
19// have a complain-free week with a bitch jar (think Schmidt's douchebag jar) to keep me in check and make some changes.
20// get a month of hot yoga and go at least twice a week. (May 2014)
21// get my NY teaching certification finalized (procrastination at it's finest, people).
22// move out of my parent's house.
23// learn more about html with either a book or class.
24// take a spontaneous road trip.
25// inspire someone to make a list for their birthday, or just-because! (while it's not what I had in mind, I inspired myself to make a new list for 25).

So here I go, another year older + wiser (not) and ready for some new challenges and experiences to cross this list off with.

2 comments: