Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

January 15, 2014

one little word art canvas.

For one little word, it's recommended that you purchase something to remind you of your word - most commonly a piece of jewelry, or this year Ali recommended the word art she bought for her word, thrive. I love the idea of the recycled word art, but I didn't really want to spend thirty dollars on it. At the time that I saw Ali post about the word art, I hadn't even had a word picked out yet. I knew this meant that I would make something myself to hang up or put on a shelf so that I could be reminded of my word and this journey all the time. Then I went to Michael's for a couple of little things and the problem was solved for me when I noticed that all canvases were 50% off that day. I was going to simply paint the word on a canvas. I picked up some new paint brushes because my old ones were pretty kaput, and I put everything aside until I figured out the word that I was going to connect with.
I decided on a black canvas because I want to hang it over my desk where a few framed prints are going to be hung, which are all white and gold. The black would be a nice, neutral color change for the space, and the word would stand out on the dark background. I was unsure at first whether I wanted my word, grow, to be in white or gold, but after testing the two colors on a piece of newspaper, I was sold on the contrast of the white against the black canvas.
I really love the way it turned out. It's simple and big and exactly what I need it to be. I'll see it multiple times a day, and it's going to compliment the other things going on this (obnoxiously purple) wall. Having this piece of art has made me even more excited that I was before about this year and the journey that I am taking with this word in mind to focus, reflect, and meditate on.
----------------------------------------------------------------
One Little Word is a workshop run by Ali Edwards in which participants choose one word to focus on for an entire year. Join Ali, myself, and many others on this journey by learning more and signing up for the class here, read about Ali's OLW here, and see all of my related posts for OLW 2014 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment