Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

October 29, 2013

tunes tuesday // gavin degraw.

I have always been a fan of Gavin Degraw. I love his voice and his style, and from the very beginning I have been rooting for his success. The first song I remember hearing is 'I Don't Wanna Be', which is still one of my favorite songs, and I remember tuning into the premiere of One Tree Hill 10 years ago and hearing it play over the theme sequence. (Hearing this song a few months ago on the radio was the sole reason for me devouring the entire nine season series of OTH in a month's time. Powerful stuff, people. Also the world's greatest show.)

When this new album 'Make A Move' came out, I was really excited because I had already heard the first single, 'Best I Ever Had' on satellite radio and consumed myself with it. The album only has eleven songs, but I really genuinely love every single one of them. He's always had a blusey undertone in his voice, but I think it comes out a lot more in this album, and there's the perfect mix of fast & slow, and happy & sad songs.

I love his first single, but I think it's on the radio a lot now, so I'll share one of my other favorites below, which is the namesake of the album.

Make A Move
Gavin DeGraw
MAKE A MOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment