Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

August 27, 2013

tunes tuesday // favorite tracks.

Lately I've been listening to the same few CDs in my car over and over again, Imagine Dragons, Ed Sheeran, Ben Howard, Passenger, Gabrielle Aplin, and One Direction. Pretty standard picks for me. I decided that since I am the type of person that can listen to the same music on a loop without getting too bored of it, I would compile a list of all of the best songs on my favorite albums, you know, the track that you skip to as soon as the CD comes on before you go back to the first song and listen to the whole thing through just so you can hear your favorite twice. Turns out I have a lot of favorite albums and favorite songs that are classics to me, so I narrowed it down to 25 for now.

1// can't help falling in love / ingrid michaelson - be ok
2// walking far from home / iron & wine - kiss each other clean
3// ghosts / laura marling - alas, I cannot swim
4// self-conclusion / the spill canvas - one fell swoop
5// give me love / ed sheeran - +
6// freewheel / duke special - songs from the deep forest
7// you, your cat, and me / frank hamilton - you, your cat, and me: ep
8// enchanted / taylor swift - speak now
9// 9 crimes / damien rice - 9
10// wedding dress / matt nathanson - some mad hope
11// never say never / tristan prettyman - cedar + gold
12// somebody that I used to know / gotye - making mirrors
13// set the fire to the third bar / snow patrol - eyes open
14// yellow / coldplay - parachutes
15// all at once / the fray - how to save a life
16// use somebody / kings of leon - only by the night
17// after the storm / mumford & sons - sigh no more
18// best thing I never had / beyonce - 4
19// little talks / of monsters and men - my head is an animal
20// machines / biffy clyro - puzzle
21// song for the road / david ford - song for the road
22// to take you home / frank turner - love, ire & song
23// iris / goo goo dolls - dizzy up the girl*
24// birds / kate nash - made of bricks
25// brat pack / the rocket summer - hello, good friend
* quite possibly my favorite song of all time.

All of these songs are awesome (read: I think they're awesome, so it's totally biased). Definitely give them all a listen if you haven't heard them before. There are a lot of different genres mixed in there so it truly is a mix tape, there's definitely something for everyone. Listen to my playlist on spotify (you need spotify to listen to a spotify playlist, and if you don't have it you're weird).

No comments:

Post a Comment