Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

July 25, 2013

sometimes I just can't help myself.

A couple of weeks ago I was given a raise at my job, and I decided I would treat myself to something fun, but then the weekend of taylor swift, ed sheeran, and the boardy barn happened and I just didn't have the time. So rewind to last Saturday when I babysat Max while his parents were at JT & Jay-Z (so jealous), and then to Sunday when I had some extra cash in my wallet, and that's where we are. I was with my mom and mentioned to her that I remembered I have a huge Macy's gift card from my awesome friends to use in the Mac store. We decided we'd stop at the mall and go in, and we both ended up getting a lipstick (I got 'ravishing', she got 'fresh brew') and I got an angled 266 brush that I've had my eye on for a while. I still have so much money on that gift card, it's insane. Thanks guys!




On our way back we had to walk past Sephora, and my mom said, let's go in and see if they have anything exciting. She is an enabler. She knows I have been going into Sephora for the past few months to look at the Naked 2 palette, sigh, and walk back out. She was probably just sick of me talking about it to be honest, and it's not like there are any gift opportunities from her to me coming up, so she mentioned my extra babysitting cash and my raise and it all clicked for me. This is my congratulations present to myself! I was so excited about it because every time I see someone use it on YouTube I am in love with the look, so to finally own it was going to be pretty cool. So I got on line cradling the palette like a baby, my mom nowhere to be found all of a sudden.
Then my mom came on line with a stila liquid eyeliner in 'sequins' (also something that I had been looking at, but can't remember telling her about it. Turns out I'm a lot chattier than I perceive myself) and said that she's proud of me for getting a raise and being so good with my money (I have saved a loooooooooot of money the past few months and have given a lot to my dad for my million and one college loans) and that she wanted to buy it for me. She's pretty awesome.
So I walked out of the mall with four things, five if you count the free gift I got at Sephora, and even though that doesn't seem like a lot, all four things are definitely on the pricier side. Except I don't think I would have purchased all of the Mac stuff on the same day if I hadn't had a gift card, but I did, so I went for it.

I haven't tried any of the products on me yet, and will probably wait until the weekend because there's really no call for eyeshadow, lipstick, or liquid liner when you're a nanny. I am expecting good things from all of my purchases though, I made sure to do all of my research thoroughly before investing in them. I might possibly review them, I might be too lazy, we shall see (I'm sure you're on the end of your seat now waiting to see what I decide...not).

No comments:

Post a Comment