Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

July 8, 2013

fourth of july strawberry cream pie.

I realize that this item on my bucket list is bake for my friends, but to be honest I didn't really bake this pie, except for the crust. Butttttttt whatever, same concept, and my friends liked the pie!

I knew I wanted to make something for the fourth of July to bring to my friend JJs house for our annual partay. I looked on my Pinterest "delish" board because I knew that I must have had something related to America on there, and I found a pin for Martha Stewart's icebox cake. Because I was so on the go the couple of days before Independence Day, I didn't have enough time to make an icebox cake because it really needs to sit in the fridge for a long time, or even the freezer. So instead, I used the same ingredients and made my own little concoction that I knew would be ready in time for the party.
Ingredients:
// 60-70 Nilla wafers
// 8 Tbsp. of butter or 1 stick
// 1lb. of strawberries
// 40-50 blueberries
// 30-40 raspberries
// 3 Tbsp. of sugar
// 3 cups of heavy cream

To make the crust:
1// crush between 60 and 70 Nilla wafers in a ziploc bag.
2// mix crumbles with the sugar, melt the butter, and stir everything together.
3// empty the contents into a pie dish and squash into the bottom and the sides.
4// bake on 350*F for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.

To make the filling:
1// hull a pound of strawberries and puree all of it.
2// whip all of the heavy cream until soft peaks form, and mix 2/3 of the cream with the pureed strawberries.
3// put the rest of the cream around the edges of the pie dish onto the cooled crust to form a barrier for the more liquid strawberry cream.
4// put everything in the fridge for a while, and once the strawberry cream has thickened a bit, pour into the middle of the pie dish and spread to the edges of the plain cream.
5// decorate the top of the pie with blueberries and raspberries.

I made a flag on top of my pie because it was for the fourth, but you can do it any way you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment