Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

November 6, 2012

random favorite products.

So since my power is still out and I can't bake or do any of the crafts I have lined up, I decided I'll post about some of my favorite products right now! I have a pretty basic routine in the morning and after showers, but there are some products that I cannot live without because they make life easier, or they're just really pretty and fun! And the best part is that most of them are super affordable!
1. My favorite makeup item is mascara. I love the way long, black lashes look on anyone. I try a few different types now and then, but Covergirl LashBlast fusion in very black is the best that I have found so far. It really elongates my lashes without clumping them together, and the brush does a great job of fanning my lashes out and up with one-two long strokes. It's about $8 at drugstores and lasts me about a month of everyday application, sometimes twice a day if I'm feeling sassy.

2. This bronzer by Too Faced is the absolute best. Not only does it do its job (making me look tan and glowing in the middle of a pale winter), but it smells like chocolate. Yes, chocolate. It has cocoa powder right in the mix to make your face smell like an absolute dream. This is like the girl version of the axe commercials. Boys will literally sniff you out from miles away and you will find their noses pressed against your beautifully bronzed cheek. Carry it with you for reapplication in case of such emergencies.

3. My third item, Sephora's classic bronzer brush, will help you apply your new bronzer evenly and easily. It's a compact looking brush, but it does fan out enough to get even coverage. It has a thick handle so that you're not trying to apply your bronzer with one of those little kabuki type brushes that is so small that it slides out from your grip and brushes chocolatey bronzer all over your fresh, white shirt (does it sound like I'm speaking from experience?)

4. This little gem, Nivea's a kiss of shimmer glossy lip balm is grrrrrreat. It's like lip gloss in a chapstick that mousturizes and soothes, but you look super cute with it on. It's cheap and easy and does a two in one job. Obviously a girl can never have too many lip glosses, but at least this one actually does something for your lips other than make them sparkly and pretty. I cannot live without it!

5. Bath and Body Works lotions and sprays were like the best things since sliced bread when I was a kid, and to be honest, they kind of still are. I would eagerly await birthdays and Christmas to unwrap a gift basket of stuff all in the same scent, most of it that I would never use. But still, it was great. Out of all of the things, the foot creams and the hand lotions, I would always love the fragrance mists, and I still do. I have my fancy perfumes just like the next girl, but for day to day wear, I love their fragrance mists, especially Paris Amour. It is a really elegant scent for what it is and how much it costs, but that's the beauty of it. I wear it all the time and always get compliments, even hours after dousing myself in it.

6. I have blogged about this nail polish before, but I cannot stress enough how much I love it. I literally use it on any and every manicure, even if it's just on my ring fingernails to look supah stylish. It is an absolute pain in the tush to get off, but like all things beauty, you gotta work to look good! Sephora by OPI's Only Gold for Me is more than a top coat, it is magic in a bottle, a little genie that pops out via brush and makes all your manicure wishes come true. But really though, it's just fabulous.

7. This is probably my favorite product on this list. It is $16 of melt in your mouth, vanilla cake scent that sticks to your skin like a bad spray tan. Except it's amazing. Philosophy's Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1 shampoo, body wash, and bubble bath smells so much like a real slice of cake you almost feel like you are ingesting the calories via scent. Almost. Philosophy creates some really great products, and they all smell like a dream. This particular scent is my favorite, and I also have it in lip gloss form so that I can look like an idiot sniffing my lip gloss container and then licking my lips afterwards as if I just smeared actual frosting on them. It's all very pathetic, but if you smelt this scent you would totttttally understand. Promise. So get down to your local Sephora or Ulta and get ready to sit in a tub full of vanilla cake bubbles, with vanilla cake lathered hair, and vanilla cake all over your skin. Mmm.

8. This is another product that I could not live without. I just bought it in May, and it is literally a life saver. Normal curling irons take forever, especially since you have to hold the curl until it heats up. This curling iron looks just like a flat iron but has a curved plate on one side and the other side is dipped to fit the other like a puzzle piece. The method of using an actual flat iron to curl is probably what inspired Jilbere to make this product, but this is so much better. One time through very quickly creates a lasting curl that will bounce and shine until your head hits the pillow, and even the next day if you are blessed with thick hair (I, however, am not, so they normally fall out while I'm sleeping). But it takes such a short amount of time to curl all of your hair that it isn't even a bother having to do it everyday if that's what need be. This iron is a serious miracle worker that creates smooth curls rather than ones that are flat in some places from a flat iron, and you don't get those awkwardly straight tips from the piece that lifts up off of a normal curling wand. This thing is magnifique!

9. The last thing on my list of can't live withouts is J'adore by Dior. And speaking of can't live without, I should be dead since I've been out of this for a couple of months, but I feel the pain every time I go to reach for that empty bottle I just cannot bear to throw out. Christmas is coming, and Santa knows that I need it, so hopefully that problem will be solved shortly. This scent is fantastic. It's really sexy yet subtle, and you really only need one or two spritzes to last through the day, so the bottle lasts forever. It's a little on the pricey side as all designer fragrances are, but this one is definitely worth the dough, and can be kept in your special reserve to make it last.

I hope you like these!

No comments:

Post a Comment