Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

August 14, 2012

tunes tuesday // ed sheeran.

If any of you have read Perez Hilton in the last few months, you'll know all about Ed Sheeran! His first music video was for his single 'Lego House', and it featured Rupert Grint, which kind of blew things up for him. Since then he's had numerous sold out shows all over England and the US, a few of which I've been denied tickets to because he's getting so popular!

I first heard the album this past January when I was visiting my boyfriend in England. I didn't love the entire album at first, but now I really love it. The first song that I did like though, (besides 'Lego House'), was 'The A Team', a slow and soft song. It's a little bit sad, but I think it's a really nice sounding song. It's reached the US charts, but I have only heard it once or twice on a non-mainstream station. I have a feeling the album and his singles will climb much higher on American charts, though.

A few fun facts about Ed:
1. He wrote the song 'Moments', the last song on One Direction's album Up All Night
2. He performed a cover of Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here' at the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics.
3. His single 'The A Team' beat out Adele and Florence + the Machine for best song musically and lyrically at the 2012 Brit awards - a big accomplishment!

Below is Ed's single, 'The A Team', adapted from the official YouTube video (so disregard the first few second of birds tweeting!) - hope you love it!

The A Team
Ed Sheeran
+

No comments:

Post a Comment