Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

March 4, 2014

ipsy glam bag review // february.

February was the first month that I started receiving my ipsy glam bag, and I am in love with it. For ten dollars a month you absolutely cannot go wrong with a subscription to this if you love make up and skin care. Similar to birch box, ipsy quizzes your taste and sends you a variation of products chosen for the month that are best suited to you. Considering I left part of my quiz blank because I had started it on my phone, they did a pretty great job of matching me with great products, something that I felt birch box never did for me after months and months of receiving it. Plus, rather than a box that gets thrown out and wastes extra materials, these products come in a cute pouch every month.From left to right, top to bottom: skyn fresh start mask // zoya nail polish in 'odette' // j.cat beauty falsh eyelashes in EL213 // city color be matte blush in 'fresh melon' // pop beauty plump pout lip gloss in 'fuchsia freesia'.Since I got my bag I have been wearing the matte blush every single day. It looks like a crazy color, but as you can see from the swatch above it's actually very sheer and it does blend well. I love that it's matte because I wear a shimmery highlighter on my cheek bones and sometimes use a bronzer with a bit of glow in it, so this is the perfect thing to swipe on in between. The nail polish is just alright. It's not exactly my color, but it did go on nicely. It chipped quite a bit though after just a few days, which annoys me about most polishes, but had it been more of a "me" color, I probably would have loved it. The lip gloss can either be really bright or toned down over top of something else or just by patting it into the lips after putting it on with the wand, but either way it's a great pink color. The mask is a mud mask with two steps - first the blue mud goes on and then the activating gel goes over top and they combine to create one mask. I'm not going to rave about it, because while it felt pretty good on, and I do think my skin absorbed a lot of it, my skin felt very tight and dry after I washed it off. For the price it normally is, I wouldn't buy it. The last product I received was a pair of false eyelashes. I wasn't crazy about this because I never wear falsies and I noticed a lot of other great products in the February bag that would have been much better suited to me, but it's alright. I re-did the quiz on their site to make sure that they have the best overall idea of what I like and don't like of make-up and skin care. I really like ipsy, and I'm excited for my March bag to arrive in the middle of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment