Navigation Tabs

about
disclosurecontact

September 17, 2013

summer book // update 4.

My summer book is almost finished, as it's pretty much the tail end of the summer. I've had so much fun turning my summer into a mini scrapbook, and will definitely need to keep myself busy with something else of the sort before I start project life in 2014.R and I drove out to Amagansett to meet up with my best friend Meagan and her dad at a family friend's beach house, so I included a few pictures from that and cut out a piece of the cute cartoon map that was in one of the free magazines and put a freckled fawn wood chip geotag to show exactly where we stayed.Rich is so good with Max, so I had to include a picture of the two of them from the day that he came to work with me. I started documenting our trip to the Brooklyn Brewery with a cut out from the 'menu' we got at the tasting, and a paper source baby envelope filled with the rest of my pictures from the trip. I included a map we were given and cut it down to size to fit the three stops on the tour and added exactly where we walked to get to each place. I tied some ribbon around a paper clip to make a little tab to hold the Brooklyn Brewery's logo and put a couple pictures from the tour.This spread is dedicated to my love of One Direction (obviously they couldn't just be included the one time after the concert). Me and my friends saw the movie at midnight and I loved every single second of it. We used the photobooth before the movie started, so I included a copy of the photo strip, the movie ticket, another freckled fawn wood chip speech bubble, and I used the striped page for journaling.My book has broken into September and the arrival of fall, so I included a picture of my first pumpkin spice latte from the first chilly morning this month, and documented the breaking out of the converse from deep in the back of my closet. On the right I included a couple of pictures from my gramma's 85th surprise birthday party.I went down to Virginia to visit my college housemates, so I wanted to include a 4x6 because it was kind of a big deal. Turns out the only pictures we took of ourselves were with the crappy front camera on the iphone, and the best picture I had was of our four Starbucks drinks. I used the black space on the photo to journal in gold (which might get redone depending on how much I decide it bothers me that it doesn't show up that well) and a paper source label to go with the picture of us.The last pages I've finished are from Max's dad's birthday (we made him cupcakes and snuggled on the couch until his parents got home from birthday festivities), and the right side is an envelope filled with pictures of my running shoes that I've been taking on my runs. I closed it with washi tape so it's easy to open and add more later, and I stamped it with Elise's 'I love' stamp. I plan on using the back as a page, and with that included, I only have a few pages left. Then bring in the fall! I'm too ready for it (as usual).

No comments:

Post a Comment